Pieteikumus iesūtīt līdz 10.01.2017.!
BMC International Summer Climbing Meet 13 to 20 May 2017
BMC International Meets are truly unique. They offer a great opportunity to experience British trad climbing, and you get to meet a varied bunch of climbers from all over the world. The 2017 Meet will be located at the Count House in Cornwall, a 200-year-old building perched above Cornwall’s finest granite cliff, Bosigran. We stay here as guests of the Climbers’ Club which owns the property. During the week you will be teamed up with British host climbers who have excellent knowledge of climbing in Cornwall..
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- We will team you up with a UK host climber each day and they will take you out climbing.
- Partnerships will be changed every few days so that you get to climb with different people.
- There will be an optional trad clinic (placing runners, building belays, belaying with two ropes) on the first morning.
- There will be several evening presentations throughout the week.
Visiting climbers must have at least two years’ experience of traditional lead climbing (experience with the placement and removal of protection).
VENUE & DATES
- Venue: The Count House, Bosigran, Pendeen, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 8YX.
- Dates: Saturday 13 May to Saturday 20 May 2017.
- Arrival evening: Saturday 13 May (no climbing on this day).
- Departure day: Saturday 20 May (no climbing on this day).
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
- You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements to the UK.
- Travel details will be sent to you at the beginning of February when places are confirmed.
- The hut offers ‘alpine hut’ style accommodation with shared rooms and bathroom facilities.
The fee is £150 per person and includes:
- Seven nights’ accommodation
- Three catered meals per day
- Nightly presentations
- Six days’ climbing with experienced host climbers
- Optional trad clinic
- Transfer from Penzance train station